Today is the first day of “lockdown”. Although many of us are attempting to work from home, there’s no doubt that there will be much more “downtime”. Rather than viewing this as unproductive time, here’s 21 things to do that will make effective use of the most precious commodity we always complain about – time!
Week 1 of lockdown
- Start new habits and break old habits. They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. Use this time wisely.
- Conduct a workplace culture audit or customer satisfaction survey. In the next 21 days, people will have time to fill in questionnaires that could give you massive insight. Need help or more info?
- Read a business book. Now is a good time to learn new skills, deepen your knowledge and plug the gaps.
- Business as usual. Try to use technology to have as many meetings as you can to keep in touch and keep moving forward.
- Discover if you have a visual, auditory or kinaesthetic learning style – then plan to learn something new using this awareness. Online Learning Styles Assessment R350
- Reconnect with social media. Spend time updating your profiles and exploring what social media can do for your business.
- Spend some time doing our *FREE* 100 question Business Health Check questionnaire at https://www.bizhq.co.za/free-business-health-check/
Week 2 of lockdown
- Calculate your break even point. Do you actually know what your monthly sales target is to achieve break even? Need help to do this?
- Brainstorm your Critical Success Factors. There’s nothing stopping you and your team engaging online for a workshop on any topic. Let me facilitate it for you!
- Design new systems and processes. Find ways to be more efficient and effective when business returns to normal.
- Complete a DISC Personality Profile. Learn more about yourself and your team, what makes you tick and how to motivate your colleagues. Request an online questionnaire and full report for R500.
- Scrub your database and server. This downtime provides an opportunity to spring clean your documents, templates and your customer database and contacts.
- Complete an online EQ assessment. Growth in leadership can only come from maturity in EQ… do you know how your EQ is rated? Request an online questionnaire and full report for R500.
- Document your stuff – from your systems and processes, to job descriptions, policies and procedures, so others can do the tasks that reside in your head.
Week 3 of lockdown
- Conduct 360 degree leadership assessments. Ask your colleagues to take the time to complete an anonymous online questionnaire to highlight your blindspots. We can help you
- Prepare a risk management plan. There’s no better time to think about what could go wrong during a time when things have gone wrong!
- Your coachability Index. Ever wondered if you are coachable? Complete our FREE coachability survey on https://www.bizhq.co.za/free-coachability-index/
- Engage MORE with your customers. Show them how you can add value to them during the lockdown.
- Complete a Profile XT questionnaire. Benchmark your business role against an international benchmark of people in the same role – request a Profile XT report and free telephonic consultation on the results – R2500.
- Map your sales process. Use the time to target your leads, and map the touch points, where you could lose potential customers, and how to overcome objections.
- Prepare your next 90-day plan. Have your plan in place so that you can hit the ground running when things return to normal. Need help?
During the lockdown, we may be physically distant, but we are mentally available. Need to chat? We’re one click away.