That’s it folks… only 90 days left of 2021, the last quarter of the year. Do you have a 90-day plan to end the year on a high?
I have been working on an exciting project with some business owners in Kwazulu-Natal, which culminates on Monday at a 90-day plan workshop. These entrepreneurs will not only document their goals for the next quarter, but they will know EXACTLY what is required of each individual in the team on a monthly, weekly and even daily basis to achieve those goals. In addition, it will all be documented in a plan that is ready to implement on Tuesday morning.
I will be guiding them through the process of developing the plan but if you want to go solo, here’s what you need to address in your 90-day plan:
- Firstly, what is your goal? What will this goal mean to you and your business? Why is it important to have this goal? What are the consequences of not achieving the goal?
- Secondly, what is your measure of success? How will you know if you have achieved the goal? What business measures exist to measure your goal or do you need to develop them? If so, what’s needed?
- Rate the likelihood of you achieving that goal out of 10. Why do you feel your rating is appropriate? Moreover, if the rating is less than 7, what needs to happen to make it more than 7?
- What obstacles will stop you from achieving this goal? How can you remove, avoid or work around these obstacles?
- What behaviours need to change within the company to facilitate the goal? From a leadership perspective, who do you need to become to achieve this goal? What needs to change in your leadership style, attitude and belief system?
Resources and processes
- Do you have sufficient time to do the tasks required? If not, how much time is needed and where can you find the time?
- Do you have the financial resources to deliver this goal and have you done a budget to track the costs of the initiative?
- What systems or technology must change to help facilitate this goal? Will the changes require a change management plan? Do you need to develop new processes, job descriptions and ‘how-to’ manuals for this goal?
- What changes do you need to make to the team? Will you need to recruit any new team members, decrease the team, restructure, promote, or train?
- What needs to be done from a team performance perspective to help motivate and deliver on this goal? Will any new ‘rules of the game’ need to be defined or created to help facilitate the implementation of the goal?
- From an operations, production, delivery and distribution perspective, what needs to be done to help facilitate the achievement of this goal?
- How regularly will you need to meet as a team to drive this goal? What team planning sessions are required? Who will be the driver?
- Finally, what is your reward for achieving the goal? How will you celebrate?
If the above process seems a little daunting, I am happy to facilitate your 90-day planning workshop. We can run a bespoke workshop for you and your team, or we can get a couple of businesses together and take you through the process.
There’s 90 days left of this year. However, it’s never too late to implement a plan. If you only have one goal for the next 90 days, it should be to get your 90-day plan ready for the first quarter of 2022.
We’ve got it down to a fine art… and we’d love to help you.